Consulate General of Mexico in Chicago, Illinois
Consulate General of Mexico in Chicago, Illinois, located at 204 S Ashland Ave. View a location map, get driving directions or view the information about the address, phone, office hours, official website, Facebook page, Twitter, consular services, visa list, and head of mission (HOM).
The following is a brief listing of services offered at the Consulate General of Mexico in Chicago, Illinois.
- Process passport applications
- Process visa applications
- Notarize certain documents
- Legalization of documents
- Issuing emergency travel documents
- Registration of marriage, birth, and death
- Authentication of documents
Head of Mission
Reyna Torres Mendivil, Consul General
Common Visa Types
Citizens of qualified countries may be able to travel to Mexico without a visa. The most common types of Mexico visas are the following.
- Tourist visa
- Student visa
- Family reunification visa
- Family unit (with approval of Mexican Immigration Institute - NUT)
- Adoption visa
- Temporary resident visa
- Permanent resident visa
- Paid activities visa (with approval of Mexican Immigration Institute - NUT)
- Religious activities visa
- Lost, stolen, or destruction of Temporary or Permanent card
- Non-ordinary visas (Diplomatic, Official, etc.)
Mexico issues several types of passports, including:
Ordinary Passport (Pasaporte Ordinario): This is the standard passport issued to Mexican citizens for general travel purposes.
Diplomatic Passport (Pasaporte Diplomático): Diplomatic passports are issued to Mexican diplomats and individuals representing the Mexican government on diplomatic missions abroad.
Official Passport (Pasaporte Oficial): Official passports are issued to Mexican government officials, and individuals representing the Mexican government.
Border Crossing Card (Tarjeta de Cruce Fronterizo): This is a special passport card issued to Mexican citizens living in the border region who frequently cross into the United States for short-term visits.
Mexican embassies and consulates provide notarial services for various documents, such as authentication, certification, and legalization.
Assistance for Mexican Nationals
The embassies and consulates of Mexico offer assistance to Mexican citizens in various matters, such as birth registrations, marriage certificates, and other consular services required for Mexican nationals abroad. Mexican diplomatic missions also provide assistance in emergencies, such as accidents, illnesses, or legal issues.
The embassies and consulates of Mexico process visa applications for foreign nationals who wish to visit Mexico.
Besides Consulate General of Mexico in Chicago, Illinois Mexico also has 50 representations in the following cities of United States:
- Atlanta (Consulate General)
- Washington, D.C. (Embassy)
- Phoenix (Consulate General)
- Little Rock (Consulate)
- Los Angeles (Consulate General)
- San Francisco (Consulate General)
- Denver (Consulate General)
- Miami (Consulate General)
- New York (Consulate General)
- Seattle (Consulate)
- Albuquerque (Consulate)
- Boise (Consulate)
- Brownsville (Consulate)
- Calexico (Consulate)
- Dallas (Consulate General)
- Del Rio (Consulate)
- Boston (Consulate General)
- Madison Heights (Consulate)
- Douglas (Consulate)
- Eagle Pass (Consulate)
- El Paso (Consulate General)
- Philadelphia (Consulate)
- Houston (Consulate General)
- Indianapolis (Consulate)
- Kansas City (Consulate)
- Laredo (Consulate General)
- Las Vegas (Consulate)
- McAllen (Consulate)
- Milwaukee (Consulate)
- Nogales (Consulate General)
- New Orleans (Consulate)
- Omaha (Consulate)
- Orlando (Consulate)
- Oxnard (Consulate)
- Portland (Consulate)
- Presidio (Consulate)
- Raleigh (Consulate General)
- Sacramento (Consulate General)
- Saint Paul (Consulate)
- Salt Lake City (Consulate)
- San Antonio (Consulate General)
- San Bernardino (Consulate)
- San Diego (Consulate General)
- San Jose (Consulate General)
- Santa Ana (Consulate)
- Tucson (Consulate)
- Yuma (Consulate)
- Austin (Consulate General)
- Fresno (Consulate)
- New York (Permanent Mission)
Diplomatic missions of Mexico in neighbouring countries/regions of United States:
- Ottawa, Canada (Embassy)
- Calgary, Canada (Consulate)
- Vancouver, Canada (Consulate General)
- Toronto, Canada (Consulate General)
- Montreal, Canada (Consulate General)
- Quebec City, Canada (Honorary consul)
- Dartmouth, Canada (Honorary consul)
- St. John's, Canada (Honorary consul)
- Leamington, Canada (Consulate)
- Winnipeg, Canada (Honorary consul)
Help us improve Embassies.info
All materials have been prepared for general information purposes only. The content on this website is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. If you wish to report an issue, please let us know.
This page was last edited on 19 January 2023 at 10:40 AM (EST).