Consulate General of Japan in Chennai, India
Consulate General of Japan in Chennai, India located at No. 12/1, Cenetoph Road, 1st Street Teynampet. View larger location map, get driving directions or view address, phone, fax, email, office hours, official website, visa types, consular jurisdiction, and head of mission (HOM).
AddressNo. 12/1, Cenetoph Road, 1st Street Teynampet
Chennai 600 018
- +91 44 2432 3860/1/2/3
- +91 44 2432 3859
- [email protected]
- Monday to Friday: 9:00 am - 5:45 pm
Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Pondicherry and Tamil Nadu
Head of Mission
Taga Masayuki, Consul General
Common Visa Types
Citizens of qualified countries may be able to travel Japan without a visa. The most common types of Japan visas are the following.
- Diplomatic or official visa
- Transit visa
- Tourist visa (within 90 days)
- Visa for visiting relatives and acquaintances (within 90 days)
- Visa for business, conference or seminar participation
- Working visa (professor, artist, journalist, researcher, engineer, skilled labor etc.)
- Study, cultural activities, and related visas
- Designated activities visa (Spouse of Japanese/ Permanent resident and related visas)
Besides Consulate General of Japan in Chennai, India Japan also has 4 representations in the following cities of India:
- New Delhi (Embassy)
- Kolkata (Consulate General)
- Mumbai (Consulate General)
- Bengaluru (Consulate General)
Diplomatic missions of Japan in neighbouring countries/regions of India:
Help us improve Embassies.info
Disclaimer: This is not the official website of the Consulate General of Japan in Chennai, India. This website is presented for information purposes only. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.
This page was last edited on 18 May 2021, at 02:04 PM (EST).