Embassy of Japan in San Jose, Costa Rica
Embassy of Japan in San Jose, Costa Rica located at Torre La Sabana, Piso 10, Sabana Norte. View larger location map, get driving directions to the Embassy of Japan or view address, phone, fax, email, office hours, official website, consular services, visa types, social media channels, and head of mission (HOM).
Embassy AddressTorre La Sabana, Piso 10, Sabana Norte
- +506 2232 1255, +506 2231 0357
- +506 2231 3140
- [email protected]
- Monday to Friday: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm, 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm
The following consular services are offered at Embassy of Japan in San Jose, Costa Rica.
- Process passport applications
- Process visa applications
- Notarize certain documents
- Legalization of documents
- Issuing emergency travel documents
- Registration of marriage, birth, and death
- Authentication of documents
Head of Mission
Yoshiaki Ito, Ambassador
Common Visa Types
Citizens of qualified countries may be able to travel Japan without a visa. The most common types of Japan visas are the following.
- Diplomatic or official visa
- Transit visa
- Tourist visa (within 90 days)
- Visa for visiting relatives and acquaintances (within 90 days)
- Visa for business, conference or seminar participation
- Working visa (professor, artist, journalist, researcher, engineer, skilled labor etc.)
- Study, cultural activities, and related visas
- Designated activities visa (Spouse of Japanese/ Permanent resident and related visas)
Help us improve Embassies.info
Disclaimer: This is not the official website of the Embassy of Japan in San Jose, Costa Rica. This website is presented for information purposes only. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.
This page was last edited on 06 February 2020, at 05:01 AM (EST).