Embassy of Japan in Tirana, Albania
Embassy of Japan in Tirana, Albania, located at Rruga e Kavajes Nd 50, H 1. View a location map, get driving directions to the Embassy of Japan, or view the information about the address, phone, fax, office hours, official website, Facebook page, consular services, visa list, and head of mission (HOM).
The following is a brief listing of services offered at the Embassy of Japan in Tirana, Albania.
- Process passport applications
- Process visa applications
- Notarize certain documents
- Legalization of documents
- Issuing emergency travel documents
- Registration of marriage, birth, and death
- Authentication of documents
Head of Mission
Takada Mitsuyuki, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
Common Visa Types
Citizens of qualified countries may be able to travel to Japan without a visa. The most common types of Japan visas are the following.
- Diplomatic or official visa
- Transit visa
- Tourist visa (within 90 days)
- Visa for visiting relatives and acquaintances (within 90 days)
- Visa for business, conference, or seminar participation
- Working visa (professor, artist, journalist, researcher, engineer, skilled labor, etc.)
- The study, cultural activities, and related visas
- Designated activities visa (Spouse of Japanese/ Permanent resident and related visas)
Japanese embassies and consulates assist Japanese citizens in obtaining or renewing their passports. They accept passport applications, collect the necessary documents, and issue new passports or renew a passport.
Japanese embassies and consulates provide consular assistance and support to Japanese citizens abroad, including in cases of emergency and other consular services.
Notarial and Legalization Services
Japanese embassies and consulates offer notarial services, including notarization of documents, authentication of signatures, and legalization of documents to use in foreign countries.
Japanese embassies and consulates process visa applications for foreign nationals who wish to visit Japan for tourism, work, study, business, or other purposes.
Diplomatic missions of Japan in neighbouring countries/regions of Albania:
- Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina (Embassy)
- Sofia, Bulgaria (Embassy)
- Zagreb, Croatia (Embassy)
- Nicosia, Cyprus (Embassy)
- Athens, Greece (Embassy)
- Thessaloniki, Greece (Honorary consul)
- Holy See (Vatican City) (Embassy)
- Rome, Italy (Embassy)
- Milan, Italy (Consulate General)
- Pristina, Kosovo (Embassy)
- Żebbuġ, Malta (Honorary consul)
- Chișinău, Moldova (Embassy)
- Skopje, North Macedonia (Embassy)
- Lisbon, Portugal (Embassy)
- Bucharest, Romania (Embassy)
- Domagnano, San Marino (Honorary consul)
- New Belgrade, Serbia (Embassy)
- Ljubljana, Slovenia (Embassy)
- Barcelona, Spain (Consulate General)
- Las Palmas, Spain (Consulate)
- Madrid, Spain (Embassy)
- Ankara, Turkey (Embassy)
- Istanbul, Turkey (Consulate General)
Help us improve Embassies.info
All materials have been prepared for general information purposes only. The content on this website is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. If you wish to report an issue, please let us know.
This page was last edited on 27 April 2023 at 12:49 PM (EST).