Embassy of Spain in Ottawa, Canada
Embassy of Spain in Ottawa, Canada located at 74 Stanley Avenue. View larger location map, get driving directions to the Embassy of Spain or view address, telephone number, fax, email address, hours of operation, consular jurisdiction, official website, visa types, and head of mission (HOM) below.
Embassy Address74 Stanley Avenue
Ottawa ON K1M 1P4
- (613) 747-2252, (613) 747-7293, (613) 747-1143, (613) 747-6181
- (613) 744-1224
- [email protected]
- Monday to Friday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
National Capital Region (Ottawa and Gatineau)
Head of Mission
Enrique Ruiz Molero, Ambassador
Most common services Spanish diplomatic missions provide are listed below:
There are mainly two types of visas: Short Stay (Schengen visa), Long Stay. A Schengen visa issued by an embassy/consulate of the aforementioned countries allows the holder to travel freely in Schengen Area. Long-Term visas entitle their holders to reside, work, study, research in Spain.
Type of passports are ordinary, collective, diplomatic, official. Spanish citizens traveling abroad can apply for a new passport at the consular offices along their route in case of: loss or theft, expiry, damage, lack of free pages, etc. Spanish consular offices also renew passports.
Renewal of the national identify card (DNI)
Certificates of existence and marital status
Residence Certificate and Cancellation of Consular Registration Certificate
* Some of the embassies or consulates may not provide all the services listed above.
Common Visa Types
Citizens of qualified countries may be able to travel Spain without a visa. The most common types of Spain visas are the following.
Short stay visas
- Spain transit visa
- Tourist/Visitor visa
- Business visa
- Cultural visa
Long stay visas
- Student visa
- Work visa
- Au Pair visa
- Golden visa
- Entrepreneur visa
- Working holiday visa
Renew a Passport from Outside of Spain
Spanish citizens living or traveling abroad may be eligible to renew or apply for Spanish passports in a Spanish embassy or consulate in case of loss, damage, theft, expiry, approaching expiry date, or lack of free pages.
Some nationalities need visas to visit the Schengen area. If you need a visa and visiting multiple countries in the Schengen area, you must have to apply to the diplomatic mission or consular office of the country where you want to spend the longest time. If your main destination is Spain you will have to apply for visa in person at the Spanish embassy or consulate. The visa allows travelers to stay in the Schengen area for a maximum of 90 days in a 180-day period.
Following Twenty-six countries belong to the Schengen area: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
Besides Embassy of Spain in Ottawa, Canada Spain also has 6 representations in the following cities of Canada:
- Edmonton (Honorary consul)
- Toronto (Consulate General)
- Halifax (Honorary consul)
- Montreal (Consulate General)
- Winnipeg (Honorary consul)
- St. John's (Honorary consul)
Diplomatic missions of Spain in neighbouring countries/regions of Canada:
- Washington, D.C., United States (Embassy)
- San Francisco, United States (Consulate General)
- New York, United States (Consulate General)
- Chicago, United States (Consulate General)
- Houston, United States (Consulate General)
- Coral Gables, United States (Consulate General)
- Los Angeles, United States (Consulate General)
- Boston, United States (Consulate General)
- New York, United States (Permanent Mission)
- Mexico, D.F., Mexico (Embassy)
- Guadalajara, Mexico (Consulate General)
- Monterrey, Mexico (Consulate General)
Help us improve Embassies.info
Disclaimer: This is not the official website of the Embassy of Spain in Ottawa, Canada. This website is presented for information purposes only. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.
This page was last edited on 21 April 2019, at 04:57 PM (EST).