Embassy of Sri Lanka in Rome, Italy
Embassy of Sri Lanka in Rome, Italy, located at Via Adige, 2. View a location map, get driving directions to the Embassy of Sri Lanka, or view the information about the address, phone, fax, office hours, official website, Facebook page, Twitter, consular services, visa list, and head of mission (HOM).
Embassy AddressVia Adige, 2
- +39 06 8840 801, +39 345 991 0117
- +39 06 84241 670
- [email protected]
- Monday to Friday: 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
The following is a brief listing of services offered at the Embassy of Sri Lanka in Rome, Italy.
- Process passport applications
- Process visa applications
- Issuing emergency travel documents
- Registration of marriage, birth, and death
- Attestation of documents
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
- Power of attorney
Head of Mission
Jagath Wellawatta, Ambassador
Common Visa Types
Citizens of qualified countries may be able to travel to Sri Lanka without a visa. The most common types of Sri Lanka visas are the following.
- Tourist visit visa
- Employment category visa
- Investor category visa
- Religious category visa
- Student category visa
- Business purpose visa
- Registered Indians covered by the 1954 Indo-Lanka agreement
- Ex- Sri Lankans and their dependants
- Family members of a Sri Lankan
- Diplomatic and official visa
- My dream home visa programme
- Resident guest visa programme
Types of Sri Lankan Passports
Sri Lankan government issues several types of passports including
Regular Passport: This is the standard passport issued to Sri Lankan citizens for general travel purposes.
Diplomatic Passport: Diplomatic passports are issued to Sri Lankan diplomats and individuals representing the Sri Lankan government on diplomatic missions abroad.
Official Passport: Official passports are issued to Sri Lankan government officials, employees of state institutions, and individuals representing the Sri Lankan government on official business or diplomatic missions.
Emergency Certificate (EC)
An Emergency Certificate (EC) is a one-way travel document issued to Sri Lankan citizens who have lost their passports or have no valid travel documents to return to Sri Lanka on an emergency basis.
Besides Embassy of Sri Lanka in Rome, Italy Sri Lanka also has 3 representations in the following cities of Italy:
Diplomatic missions of Sri Lanka in neighbouring countries/regions of Italy:
- Tirana, Albania (Honorary consul)
- Sofia, Bulgaria (Honorary consul)
- Aglantzia, Cyprus (Honorary consul)
- Valletta, Malta (Honorary consul)
- Bucharest, Romania (Honorary consul)
- Belgrade, Serbia (Honorary consul)
- Ljubljana, Slovenia (Honorary consul)
- Barcelona, Spain (Honorary consul)
- Ankara, Turkey (Embassy)
- Adana, Turkey (Honorary consul)
- Sehitkamil, Turkey (Honorary consul)
- Nevşehir, Turkey (Honorary consul)
- Trabzon, Turkey (Honorary consul)
- Izmir, Turkey (Honorary consul)
- Bursa, Turkey (Honorary consul)
- Alanya, Turkey (Honorary consul)
- Erzurum, Turkey (Honorary consul)
Help us improve Embassies.info
All materials have been prepared for general information purposes only. The content on this website is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. If you wish to report an issue, please let us know.
This page was last edited on 11 December 2022 at 11:56 AM (EST).