Embassy of India in Berlin, Germany
Embassy of India in Berlin, Germany, located at Tiergartenstrasse 17. View a location map, get driving directions to the Embassy of India, or view the information about the address, phone, fax, office hours, official website, Facebook page, Twitter, previous ambassadors, consular services, holidays, visa list, and head of mission (HOM).
The following is a brief listing of services offered at the Embassy of India in Berlin, Germany.
- Process passport applications
- Process visa applications
- Notarize certain documents
- Legalization of documents
- Issuing emergency travel documents
- Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) card
- Registration of marriage, birth, and death
- Attestation of documents
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
- NRI (Non Resident Indian) certificate
- Renunciation of Indian citizenship
Head of Mission
Parvathaneni Harish, Ambassador
Common Visa Types
Citizens of qualified countries may be able to travel to India without a visa. The most common types of India visas are the following.
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Employment Visa
- Student Visa
- Research Visa
- Medical Visa
- Journalist Visa
- Conference Visa
- Transit Visa
- Entry Visa
The government of India issues several types of passports, including:
Regular Passport (Dark Blue cover): This is the standard passport issued to Indian citizens for general travel purposes. It is a "Type P" passport, P stands for Personal.
Diplomatic Passport (Maroon cover): Diplomatic passports are issued to diplomats, Members of Parliament, members of the Union Council of Ministers, and individuals representing the Indian government on diplomatic missions abroad. It is a "Type D" passport, D standing for Diplomatic.
Official Passport (White cover): Official passports are issued to government officials, members of the Indian Armed Forces, members of the Indian diplomatic corps, and individuals representing the Indian government on official business or diplomatic missions. It is a "Type S" passport, S stands for Service.
Indian embassies and consulates provide consular assistance and support to Indian citizens traveling abroad, including passport issuance, renewal, and replacement, and consular assistance for Indian nationals in emergencies, such as accidents, illnesses, or legal issues.
Emergency Travel Document (EC)
The Emergency Travel Document or Emergency Certificate (EC) is a one-way travel document issued to Indian citizens who have no valid travel documents and need to return to India on an emergency basis. EC is issued to those citizens of India to whom a new passport cannot be issued in an emergency in a short period of time. It allows the holder to travel back to India.
Besides Embassy of India in Berlin, Germany India also has 4 representations in the following cities of Germany:
- Frankfurt am Main (Consulate General)
- Hamburg (Consulate General)
- Munich (Consulate General)
- Stuttgart (Honorary consul)
Diplomatic missions of India in neighbouring countries/regions of Germany:
- Vienna, Austria (Embassy)
- Brussels, Belgium (Embassy)
- Antwerp, Belgium (Honorary consul)
- Paris, France (Embassy)
- Luxembourg, Luxembourg (Honorary consul)
- The Hague, Netherlands (Embassy)
- Bern, Switzerland (Embassy)
- Geneva, Switzerland (Consulate General)
- Geneva, Switzerland (Permanent Mission)
- London, United Kingdom (High Commission)
- Birmingham, United Kingdom (Consulate General)
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom (Consulate General)
- Belfast, United Kingdom (Honorary consul)
- Cardiff, United Kingdom (Honorary consul)
Help us improve Embassies.info
All materials have been prepared for general information purposes only. The content on this website is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. If you wish to report an issue, please let us know.
This page was last edited on 02 November 2022 at 09:56 AM (EST).